Now I'm sure quite a few of you political types are looking at my blog, so I thought I would put this here for your benefit. Allyson Pollock is holding a series of lectures at Edinburgh University;
PFI and Value for Money in Scotland Mon 5th March 10-12 noon
The Future of Scotland's Health Services Mon 12th March 10- 12noon
Not For Profit Providers Mon 19th March 10-12noon.
There may be a possibility that some of you out there have not heard of Allyson Pollock. If you haven't and you have an interest in the NHS's future, you should be ashamed of yourself. Professor Allyson Pollock is the sharp shootin' tabacca chewin' champion of anti PFI. She has more degrees than a thermometer and worked in London until recently, when she came up to Scotland (hurray!) to head the Centre for International Health Policy at Edinburgh University.She wrote the classic NHS Plc which is a searing account of what has happened to the NHS, and more recently The NHS- a Guide. Read them.
More to the point she has answers on how we can get ourselves out the PFI mess. So if you're a politico and you're writing your manifesto, get your bahookie down to one (preferably all) of these lectures. If you're a medic, go along. If you have any interest in saving the NHS go along.And before you ask, I'm not being paid a fee to say this..
(Edit: The person to contact for tickets is Suzy Currie; either phone 0131 651 3957 or email Suzy.Currie@ed.ac.uk)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great stuff Julie, with all the political to-ing and fro-ing over the next few months. It will be nice to get a truly independent viewpoint on the NHS.
Not that I need to point that out to yourself of course! But thanks for the heads up, I shall definitely make the last 2.
I trust being in Sydney is a worthy excuse for missing numero uno.
Hi jeff,
Ok, seeing as you're in Oz I'll let you off. The person to contact for tickets is suzy Currie; either phone 0131 651 3957 or email Suzy.Currie@ed.ac.uk. Should put that up on the board really, shouldn't I?
Post a Comment